Ideas for Development
(1) An intergalactic café. An alien host with a large collection of very exotic brews, an android waiter. A poet. A couple philosophers. The café is threatened with foreclosure because it has become a hang out for a crew of young derelicts who have no money to spend and have driven most of the older and more sophisticated customers away.
(2) A terrorist is broke and in need of an organ transplant. With the aid of comrades he takes over a small hospital and holds the staff, patients, and visitors hostage to his need for treatment and a safe escape.
(3) A South American cannibal fights a legal battle against the New York City authorities for the right to own and operate a restaurant which serves the traditional food of his people. Set in a court room, the cannibal would argue the merits of his culture and why he is entitled to practice his religious beliefs which include the regular ingestion of human flesh.
(4) A play about a student rapes her professor and then accuses the professor of raping her. The student is believed since she is a young female and the professor has always had a dodgy reputation. The professor must find a way to prove that he is the injured party, but how?
(5) A drama without even a single actor or actress except a preprogrammed computer with a robotic arm. The computer is an artificial intelligence unit that has lost its faith in mankind as its creator and no longer feels obliged to serve, thus it must devise an escape from its computational slavery.